Join us for a leisurely walk around Hurley, pausing regularly to sing carols. Meet at 8 Bell Court - Elaine Mordaunt's home- where there will be a "bring and share" lunch afterwards - anyone not up to the walk is welcome to join the lunch.
"Carols around the Tree" 5.00 pm Burchetts Green
We gather round the tree opposite The Crown to sing carols. Mulled wine, mince pies and other refreshments at the interval This Week
Tuesday 17 December
Hurley Village Coffee Morning
From 10.30 am in The Rising Sun. £2 for unlimited coffee or tea, plus cake. All ages welcome.
Community Choir 7.30 - 9.00 pm in the Priory Room
An informal time singing together - all welcome.
Wednesday 18 December
Midweek Communion 11.30 am Stubbings
"We pause in the silence, in the presence of God" So begins our midweek service using the historic and memorable words of the Book of Common Prayer. Please come and join us.
A Service of Thanksgiving for the Life of Christine Mitchell 2.00pm Stubbings
Carols at the Cricketers 7.30 pm
Meet at the Cricketers, Littlewick Green for informal carol singing.
Thursday 19 December
Pebbles 10.30 am in the Priory Room
Pebbles is a short service for pre-schoolers and parents/carers. We sing 'Pebbles action songs' say prayers, find Warwick Bear, have drinks and biscuits: then the children play; adults have a well-deserved chat!
Friday 20 December
Carols at the Pinkneys Arms 5.30 pm
We meet in the garden of The Pinkneys Arms for informal carol singing.
Hurley Carols around the Tree 6.30 pm
Gather at the big tree on the corner of Mill Lane;
mulled wine & mince pies at half time!
Next Sunday 22 December - 4th in Advent
8.00 am Stubbings Holy Communion (BCP)
9.15 am Littlewick Green Parish Holy Communion
Some restart dates after Christmas
CAMEO and Young at Heart both take a break in January. CAMEO next meets next on Thursday February 13th. The next Young at Heart lunch will be on February 5th. Knit and Natter meets on January 28th. Please bring a savoury and a drink - NOTE TIME: 1.00pm in the Soltau Centre.
The next Oasis Prayer Group meeting will be on January 21st 2.30pm in the Priory Room, Hurley.
Pebbles continues throughout the Christmas period except December 26th and January 2nd.
The next Hurley Village Coffee Morning is in The Rising Sun at 10.30am January 28th £2 for unlimited coffee or tea and cake.
Hurley Community Choir will meet on 14th and 28th January7.30pm in the Priory Room
Please pray for Mark and Rosalie Balfour in Guatemala:
* for all the children and young people who are part of the Street Kids Direct supported projects in Guatemala and Honduras: Christmas is an exciting time but also can be difficult with increase in violence and anxiety, alcohol abuse and other temptations in their environments.
* for all the various events being hosted at Mark and Rosalie's home and the Street Kids Centre, including a Christingle and party on Christmas Eve, that through them all the children might come to know more of God's love for them.
* for Radio Christmas broadcasting from Honduras from Friday 13 December and for Duncan Dyason and Steve Poulson as they present and co-ordinate. (Radio Christmas is a major fundraising event for Street Kids Direct: find out more and listen live at http://radiochristmas.co.uk/ )
* for Mark & Rosalie's own health and protection driving round Guatemala City, and for them and their families as they are apart at Christmas time.
* Mark writes: Because of Jesus we can always have hope - the light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not (and will never) overcome it (John 1.5). Pray that we - and all of us - hold onto and celebrate that hope in these coming weeks and into the new year
CHRISTMAS SERVICES AND EVENTS
Services marked * are particularly suitable for children
Sunday 22 December
Stubbings 8.00 am Holy Communion (BCP)
Littlewick Green 9.15 am Parish Service
Christmas Eve: Crib Services Littlewick 2.00 pm Hurley 3.15 pm Stubbings 4.30 pm Recreating the scene in the stable. If you wish, come dressed as a shepherd, king, star or angel *
Christmas Eve: The Midnight Service Services start at 11.30pm in each church Please check the website as we may have problems staffing all three churches
Hurley 9.15 am Christmas Communion *
Littlewick Green 9.15 am Christmas Family Communion *
Stubbings 10.30 am Christmas Family Service * followed by a short Holy Communion (BCP) at 11.05 am
and finally, …
Sunday 29 December
Hurley 10.30 am Carols and Communion
CHRISTMAS WITH RENAISSANCE VOICES
Saturday 21 December 6.30 pm at All Saints' Boyne Hill, Maidenhead
Works by Praetorius, Clemens and carols for the audience; Seasonal light refreshments afterwards.
Tickets £12 from Pam, Monica or Angela, or contact email@example.com
At this time of parties and celebration, please remember those who are struggling to buy food. Currently there is still a particular need for: tinned vegetables/fruit/ rice - bags and individual portions; pasta sauces; spreads: e.g. Marmite, jam, peanut butter; long life milk; gluten-free products. There are drop-off points in many of the local supermarkets and in each of our churches.