We warmly welcome you to join us at any of our services
To be eligible to marry in the parish, the law requires that you need either to be resident in the parish or to have one or more of the following ‘qualifying connections’ to the parish. This more flexible approach helps couples to marry in churches where family connections are recognised.
These ‘Qualifying Connections’ are that one of you:-
* was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish
* has had a usual place of residence in the parish for six months or more
* has habitually attended public worship in the parish for six months * has a parent who has had a usual place of residence in the parish for six months or more during your lifetime
* has a parent who has habitually attended public worship in the parish for six months or more during your lifetime
* has parents or grandparents who were married in the parish
There are some things about marrying in church that you just can't get anywhere else. Marrying in church is personal, meaningful, spiritual and beautiful, just as you want it to be.
Discover all you need to know about Church of England weddings and blessings with a walk through the wedding service here>>.
Some married couples will wish to celebrate an important wedding anniversary with a thanksgiving for marriage in church. Others, for various reasons, may wish to re-affirm their marriage vows or dedicate their marriage following a civil ceremony. In the first instance, please contact our Parish Office.
A wedding booklet for the parish is available for download here>>.